At an inpatient treatment facility, the patient lives in a residence area, usually a shared dorm room, under the rules and governance of the operators of the center. Each treatment center is unique with its set of requirements, but residents give up control of their day to day life while in treatment. Travel is sometimes required for inpatient treatment, and sometimes travel is desired. While the length of stay varies from program to program, and often depends on the individual needs of the patient, a typical rehab experience lasts 30 days, which can mean a significant amount of time away from work, family, and personal obligations.
An inpatient program is appropriate for those seeking a more aggressive treatment, those requiring detoxification therapy, and those for whom temporary removal from their community might be beneficial. Furthermore, inpatient programs are meant for those with substance abuse problems coupled with mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder.
- Carlson Recovery Center– 471 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA 01107, 413-733-1431
- Detoxification Services (Acute Treatment Services)
The Carlson Recovery Center Detoxification Program provides medically monitored detoxification services for individuals withdrawing from alcohol and other drugs. The program offers both a detoxification component, for safe withdrawal from alcohol and drugs, and a treatment component of care. The treatment component is based on sound recovery principles, with a focus on assisting participants to develop a plan to continue their recovery after discharge.
- HOPE CenterOpportunity House – 5961 St. James Ave. Springfield, MA 01105, 413-739-4732
- Opportunity House is a structured recovery home for men, 18 years and older, who need a setting to transition from early recovery to a productive community living environment. Opportunity House offers a 24hour long-term residential program that includes counseling and case management.
- My Sister's House – 89 Belmont Ave, Springfield, MA 413-733-7891
- My Sister's House is a structured recovery home for women, 18 years and older, including pregnant and postpartum
women and their infants. My Sister's House offers a 24hour long-term residential program that includes counseling and case management services.
- Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center – Springfield 413-785-1921
- An intensive inpatient work therapy program for men. Patients are required to work full time within the program, providing eight-hour workdays five days a week. As this is a faith-based program, there is a requirement of attendance at religious, as well as substance abuse support group meetings (A.A. and N.A.) After the initial requirement of 21 days of in-house residential treatment, patients begin to graduate through a four phase reintegration into the community. The program is six to nine months in its entirety and offers greater independence and liberties as the patient progresses through the various stages of treatment.
- AdCare Inpatient Facility, Worcester: 508-799-9000 OR 800-345-3552
Guided by foremost experts in the field of addiction treatment, AdCare Hospital offers nationally recognized inpatient treatment for individuals and families affected by alcohol and drug diseases.
- American Addiction Centers – Boston 508-332-4334, Mapleville, RI 508-332-4334
- American Addiction Centers is a national behavioral healthcare provider focused on addiction treatment and rehabilitation. Effective addiction recovery incorporates comprehensive treatment focused on uncovering and addressing the roots of addiction.
- Brockton Meadowbrook Men's Addiction Treatment Center – 10 Meadowbrook Road. Brockton, 508-742-4400
- This Inpatient Detoxification Unit provides a safe withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs for men. The treatment team is physician directed with 24hour nursing care, licensed counselors, and case managers. Treatment includes individual and group counseling, family support and education, and aftercare planning. Clients on methadone maintenance may detox from other addiction drugs while continuing methadone therapy. Patients also attend daily in-house commitment (AA/NA) groups.
- Brockton Addiction Treatment Ctr.– 30 Meadowbrook Road Brockton 508-584-9210.
- This Inpatient Detoxification Unit provides a safe withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs for both men and women. The treatment team is physician directed with 24hour nursing care, licensed counselors, and case managers. Treatment includes individual and group counseling, family support and education, and aftercare planning. Clients on methadone maintenance may detox from other addiction drugs while continuing methadone therapy. Patients also attend daily in-house commitment (AA/NA) groups.
- Mountainside – Cannan, CT 800-762-5433
- A nationally acclaimed alcohol and drug addiction treatment center dedicated to healing an individual's mind, body, and spirit. Provides advanced addiction treatments and focuses on an individual's particular needs, strengths and goals. Offers a holistic addiction treatment experience designed to instill change, promote healing, and enhance the overall quality of life by using proven, evidence-based substance abuse treatment methods and a range of holistic offerings to help clients change their perceptions, behaviors and, ultimately, lifestyles.
- Eden Hill Women's Sober Living Extended Care Program – Cannan, CT 860-307-7512
- Eden Hill is a transitional living facility for adult women in recovery. Located in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains in Western Connecticut, Eden Hill offers a 12 Step based recovery program for women who are dedicated to living a rewarding life free from the destructive nature of drug and alcohol addiction. Eden Hill focuses on individualized treatment programs that target the specific circumstances of each of their clients with a therapeutic approach that emphasizes complete mind, body, and health approach as well as specialized counseling sessions that meet the unique needs of women in modern society. Family and friends are an integral part of treatment and are encouraged to visit and participate in counseling and guidance sessions.
- Brattleboro Retreat – Brattleboro, VT 800-RETREAT
- Inpatient care for adults seeking both addiction treatment and help with one or more co-occurring mental health issues including depression, anxiety, bipolar, and more. Also offers substance abuse evaluations, intensive outpatient addiction treatment, substance abuse counseling, outpatient relapse prevention groups & outpatient opioid addiction treatment.